Product: High-Powered Magnets distributed with Adobe ConnectTM "Effective Collaboration is Magnetic" Promotional Materials Package
Hazard: When two or more magnets are swallowed, they can link together inside a child’s intestines and clamp onto body tissues, causing intestinal obstructions, perforations, sepsis and death. Internal injury from magnets can pose serious lifelong health effects.
Injuries: The firm has received no reports of incidents or injuries. CPSC has received 80 reports of incidents involving ingestion of other high powered magnets, resulting in 79 reports seeking medical intervention.
Description: This recall involves high-powered magnet sets distributed with Adobe “Effective Collaboration is Magnetic” promotional materials. The promotional materials were distributed in a green box with a black lid and contain 12 high-powered magnets which are magnetically affixed to a laminated green cardboard sheet. The spherical silver magnets are about 5 millimeter in diameter. The text “With Adobe Connect it all just clicks” is printed in a circular shape around the magnets.
Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the magnets and either discard them or contact Adobe for instructions on returning the magnets.
Sold At: The magnets were distributed nationwide by Adobe as part of a promotional package for their Adobe Connect product during November 2012 at no cost to consumers.
Units: About 500
Consumer Contact: Adobe Recall collect at (503) 382-8500 between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, ET or online at www.adobe.com and click on “blog” for more information.